New self-clinching microPEM® TackPin® (Type T4™)fasteners are ideal for installation into stainless steel and higher strength aluminum alloy sheets. They are for use in compact electronic assemblies enabling sheet-to-sheet attachment, replacing costly screw installation in applications wheredisassembly is not required. TackPin® fasteners eliminate typical screw-relatedissues (including tapping, cross-threading, torque control, and vibration backout)and ultimately promotes quick and easy installation with minimal hardware.TackPin® fasteners can provide a good alternative to welds or adhesives.Features and Benefits
- Advantages over micro screws: eliminates costly tapping, cross threading, torque control, vibrationback-out and installation time.
- Interference fit minimizes hole tolerance issues.
- Tapered tip assists location.
- Low-profile head provides space savings.
- Can be installed automatically.
- For use in stainless steel and higher strength aluminum alloy sheets..